5) Witch Way to Murder by Shirley Damsgaard Ophelia Jensen is a small-town librarian who possesses psychic powers; she lives with her pets and her eccentric grandmother, Abby, who is a witch. An unfortunate past incident left Ophelia wanting to subdue her powers. But, when a body turns up right in Abby’s backyard, grandmother andContinue reading “10 Supernatural Cozy Mysteries to Curl Up With On a Rainy Day (Part 2)”
One Poison Pie by Lynn Cahoon Published: January 26, 2021Pages: 272 One Poison Pie is a paranormal cozy mystery. For anyone who is unfamiliar with the genre, a cozy mystery typically features an amateur sleuth–usually just an ordinary member of society, like a teacher, a bookshop owner or, in this case, a kind kitchen witch. This ordinary personContinue reading “One Poison Pie by Lynn Cahoon [Book Review]”
10) Murder in G Major by Alexia Gordon Murder in G Major is the first in the Gethsemane Brown Mysteries series. Gethsemane Brown is a struggling, classical musician who takes a job in the beautiful Irish countryside. While there, she also has the benefit of housesitting a scenic cliffside cottage. The only problem is thatContinue reading “10 Supernatural Cozy Mysteries to Curl Up With On a Rainy Day (Part 1)”
5) The Dust of Wonderland by Lee Thomas When Ken Nicholson learns that his son has been brutally attacked, he is forced to return to New Orleans where, many years ago, Ken bore witness to many violent acts. What’s worse, he now has to endure visions from that dark time. As the lives of hisContinue reading “10 Riveting LGBTQ+ Books to Read for Pride Month (Or Any Month of the Year)- Part 2, Horror Edition”
10) Peaces by Helen Oyeyemi This is a book, in part, about a most unusual train voyage—if you’re like me, you may already be intrigued. Otto and Xavier set out with their pet mongoose on an overnight journey on The Lucky Day train. When they step aboard the former tea-smuggling locomotive, they notice that, notContinue reading “10 Riveting LGBTQ+ Books to Read for Pride Month (Or Any Month of the Year)- Part 1”
5) Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse In the post-apocalyptic world of Trail of Lightning, gods, heroes, and—most frighteningly of all—monsters roam the earth. Maggie Hoskie is a monster hunter. When a young girl goes missing from a small town, Maggie is their last hope of finding her. With the help of Kai Arviso, aContinue reading “10 Must-Read Books by Indigenous Authors (Part 2)”
The Isle of Skye possesses a natural beauty and presence that stays with you long after you’ve left. The castles; rolling, green hills; mountains; and ancient, rocky towers cling tight to the memory of a time long since passed. On one particular hike, we gingerly descended wet, wooden steps, picking our way across temporary flatContinue reading “A Trip to Stunning Scotland: Isle of Skye (Part 1)”
10) Kiss of the Fur Queen by Tomson Highway Kiss of the Fur Queen by Tomson Highway transports the reader to a Cree community in northern Manitoba. Brothers Champion and Ooneemeetoo Okimasis are torn from their family, their language, their culture, and their entire way of life when they are sent to a hostile andContinue reading “10 Must-Read Books by Indigenous Authors (Part 1)”
If you missed part one, check it out here. Our Itinerary: Day 1: Athens Day 2: Athens Day 3: Corinth; Mycenae; Epidaurus; Nafplion Day 4: Nafplion; Olympia Day 5: Olympia; Patras; Delphi Day 6: Delphi; Thermopylae; Kalambaka Day 7: Kalambaka; Meteora; Athens On day three of our journey through Greece, my friend and I rose early, grabbed a quick bite, and climbedContinue reading “A 7 Day Getaway to Breathtaking Greece Part 2: Corinth; Mycenae; Epidaurus; Nafplion”
After several months of writing, screaming, deleting, and rewriting, I’m finally nearing the end of my first novel. *cue triumphant music* In celebration of this approaching milestone, here is the synopsis (and a little excerpt) of Útiseta: Synopsis The shortcut had seemed like a good idea at the time. But a cemetery is no placeContinue reading “Working On A Book!—Útiseta Synopsis + Excerpt”
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.